Change Managment and Mentoring
Gareth is passionate about bringing teaching and learning into the twenty first century, and is especially enthusiastic about challenging traditional teaching methods that fail to meet the needs of the learners they are designed for. He really believes that effective ongoing professional development for students and staff as the only way it will truly happen.
Gareth is also passionate about the full involvement of students in their own learning. The vast majority of students are ambitious for their futures and really do understand how they learn best. Frequently, learning improves when it is approached as a fully functioning partnership between staff, students and home.
- Strategic approach to education transformation
- Restructuring administrative authorities
- Holistically assigning responsibilities and accountabilities
- Changing legislation to underpin reforms
- Tactical implementation strategies
- Planning of systemic wide professional development
- Support schools leaders with strategies for substantial school improvement
- Policy development and approaches for working with parents and communities
- Principal training and leadership development initiatives
He has considerable experience of supporting/mentoring Headteachers (Primary and Secondary).
Gareth has contributed to a range of course including NPQH sessions as visiting speaker on a range of themes". Feedback has always been outstanding for these sessions.